Veterans Support Council, Inc.
VSC is dedicated to helping Veterans, Military and their Families find the resources they need in order to help them succeed.
|VSC's Mission, Goals & Vision
To Partner with and Support, All Veteran Service Organizations and Service Providers that offer goods, services, programs and benefits to our Veterans, Military, and their Families through VSC's Resource Center and Website.
To Promote Awareness of All Veterans Issues, encouraging Communities, Veteran Service Organizations, Service Providers and Media Outlets to get more involved in helping inform the Veteran and Military Community about goods, services, programs and benefits that may be available to them in their communities.
To Raise Funds for Special Veteran Projects, such as 1) The annual "Mayors' Veterans Appreciation Day" event; 2) An annual Veterans Appreciation Dinner; 3) Initiate various fundraisers throughout the year, including concerts and job fairs; and 4) Partner with other Veteran Organizations and Veteran Groups, such as MACV, that promote, support and inform our Veterans, Military and their Families about the goods, services, programs and benefits available to them.
To Bring Together Veteran Organizations and Service Providers to Help Build a Nationwide Database that will compile, local, state and federal information on where Veterans, Military and their Families can get the goods, services, programs and benefits they will need to help them succeed. This information will be shared with all other organizations, Veterans, Military and their Families.
|VSC's Directors & Officers
VSC is guided by an eleven (11) member Board of Directors, of which six (6) are Officers.
Members serving on the Board of Directors and/or as Officers must be Veterans except for one, that Director may be a spouse of a Veteran.
Current Officers (in Red) were Re-Elected 11Feb19
(*Indicates one of 9 Founding Director)
- Information on future meetings of VSC's MembershipMeetings will be posted here at a later date.
- When VSC's Board Members has topics to discuss they usually meet at 1:00 PM on the 3rd tuesday of each month before the MACV meeting or it is discussed via phone or email.
- VSC's Board of DIrectors officially meets four (4) times a year at a date, time and location of their choosing.
- Veterans Support Council (VSC) has grown out of the Mayors' Advisory Council for Veterans (MACV) in Indianapolis. VSC was initially formed as the official fund raising and promotional arm of MACV. Now VSC is partnering with MACV and other Veterans organizations to connect Veterans, Military and their Families with service providers whose counselors, case managers, and support coaches can direct them/you to the goods, services, programs, benefits and a variety of other resources designed to make their/your lives easier.
- VSC Committees:
- Fund-Raiding & Sponsor
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Legislative & Policy
- VSC is now Partnering with, Participating in, and Helping Support several other Veterans events and special programs for Veterans, Military and their Families.
- Mayors' Veterans Appreciation Day
- Veterans Day Parade with WWII Roundtable
- Operation Set Sail
- HVAF's Stand Down
- New Wine Skin Ministries, Veterans Appreciation Day
- VOA's Veterans Day Celebration
- Military Legislative Day at the Capital
- VSC secures funding and in-kind donations and resources for MACV and other Veterans events and other special circumstances projects such as: making funds available to help veterans in emergencies, i.e. help with burials, Christmas, other Veterans Day events, or anything else approved by VSC's Board of Directors.
- VSC is an Indiana Non-Profit Corporation that that was formed on the 10th of March 2014. VSC secured its IRS 501 (c)(3) on the 28th of January 2016. Our Federal ID # is: 46-4747247.
- VSC does not have any paid staff. We are all unpaid volunteers. Rent and office space are donated by Homeless & ReEntry Helpers, Inc. The only fixed expenses VSC has is our business phone, internet bill and website fees which is just under $200.00 a month payable to AT&T and Web.com.
Past Directors (*Founding Director):
- *Mary Heintzelman
- *Connie Boatright-Royster (Deceased)
- *Russ Eaglin
- *Larry Hearn
- Jill Fewell
- *Fred Bishop
- Andrew Janovicz